How Does A Child Custody Attorney Assist During A Divorce?
If you are going through a divorce, and there are children involved, you will likely need the services of a child custody attorney.
What can an attorney who works in the child custody legal field do to support you?
Assistance From A Cincinnati Child Custody Attorney
Here are a few of the elements of a divorce that are particularly difficult to navigate without the help of a professional:
– Dealing with custody across state lines or national borders. If the two parents will live in different states – much less different countries – the custody becomes a more complex issue to address. Multiple jurisdictions can lead to confusing changes to agreements, and it is best to have attorneys who have dealt with these varying jurisdictions.
– Handling paperwork and filing deadlines. There are many documents to file, with a variety of courts and clerks. Having people well versed in these documents can spare you countless headaches.
– Advocating for you in the court of law. Given how emotional the process of separation can be, speaking for yourself in court can be problematic. Not only can your emotions get in the way, but you may forget key details, or misspeak on a small point that could alter the custodial agreements and settlement documents. It is smart to have a skilled advocate representing you and speaking on your behalf, even as you stand there in person.
– Altering custody agreements. Mutually agreed upon parenting documents are usually what the court makes official. What happens if either of you needs to modify the agreement, though? Let your child custody attorney deal with the modifications, no matter how small, and avoid potential conflicts.
– Communicating without letting emotions get in the way. Having a lawyer speak for you can keep you from reacting out of anger, or sadness, or any other emotional response.
Contact A Child Custody Lawyer in Cincinnati Today
Our seasoned allies at Donnellon, Donnellon, & Miller can help you through every step of the divorce proceedings and custody determinations. Reach us by calling 513-891-7087 or using our online contact form. Our offices are easy to reach from anywhere in the greater Cincinnati area.